Geeqie is a lightweight image viewer for Linux, BSDs and compatibles.
The latest version is 1.2.3 released on 2016-04-12.
- Lightweight and fast.
- Exif, IPTC and XMP metadata browsing and editing.
- Color management.
- Interoperability and easy integration with other software.
- Geeqie works on files and directories, there is no need to import images.
- Fast preview for many raw image formats.
- Tools for comparing images and sorting and managing photo collections.
Geeqie is actively maintained by an international team of contributers. You are now browsing the project's official and only actual website.
Geeqie was forked from the GQview project in 2008 because it was not possible to contact the GQview author and only maintainer.
It has quickly integrated existing patches and keeps moving development forward.
The project was previously hosted on SourceForge, but we moved to gitosis when SF decided to bundle malware with their downloads. The mailing list is the only infrastructure we still use from SF.
After the deprecation of Gitosis we moved to
www.geeqie.org to provide the project with a
You may still encounter links to old and dead Geeqie websites floating about the internet - if you do, ignore them, and check here instead. Information encountered elsewhere should be considered obsolete.
- 1.2.3 - 2016-04-12
- 1.2.2 - 2015-09-10
Want to contribute?
- We are looking for translators and documentation writers.
- We could do with some fancy web design, screenshots, documentation and testimonials.
If you think you can help us out here, contact us through the mailing list.